ICTS l TL-1 Scholars Training Program
The UC Irvine Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (ICTS) has a NIH-funded (TL-1) training program designed to integrate training in clinical research and translational science into the core curriculum of students in medicine, biology, public health, nursing, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical and social sciences, physical sciences, engineering, and informatics.
We are pleased to invite applications for postdoctoral positions. This call is intended to fund 1 Scholar. The appointment must begin by March 31, 2017.
The Applicants Must:
- Project focused on Translational Research
- Have 2 Mentors
- Currently hold a postdoctoral or fellowship position at UCI
- Be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
To apply for the ICTS TL-1 Scholar position applicants must submit the following:
- Personal Statement describing why you want to do research (Limit to 1,000 words)
- NIH BioSketch (new format)
- Research Plan Title (Limit 300 characters, including spaces)
- Research Plan Summary (Limit 200 words)
- Description of multidisciplinary integration of project and/or mentoring team (Limit 50 words)
- Research Plan (Limit 3,000 words) consisting of three sections:
- Description of Research Question
- Hypothesis and specific aims
- Background and Key Literature
- Study Design/Research Plan (work closely with mentor to write)
- Bibliography (Not included in the word count)
- 2 completed Letters of Endorsement from your Primary Mentor and Co-mentor, including the mentor’s NIH-style Bio-sketch (new format).
- Letters of recommendations from at least two faculty members who are familiar with the applicant’s credentials and work. NIH Biographies of the referees are also required. (To be submitted by the referee)
- Transcripts (professional school transcripts only, not undergraduate transcripts) (where appropriate; pre-doctoral and doctoral students)
Applications are due on Wednesday, February 8rd by 5PM. All application documents must be submitted online at www.icts.uci.edu/grants. Questions should be directed to Diana Vigil firstname.lastname@example.org; 949-824-1231.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome on or before March 10, 2017.