ICTS Call for Voucher Requests
Submission Deadline: March 14, 2016
Purpose: To provide small financial awards to augment existing translational science research projects.
Rationale: The ICTS has a limited amount of funds to support needs of existing translational science research. Applications will be accepted for these funds on a first come, first served basis until all available funds have been allocated. The maximum amount per request is $5,000.
All allocated funds must be expended by March 31, 2017.
Requests will be accepted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following in your e-mail request:
- Abstract of the proposed work that includes current status of the project (1/2 page limit)
- Explanation of request, with appropriate informative detail, including:
- Justification for the additional funds needed
- Project/Expenditure timeline
- Budget for the proposed request
- Biosketch of PI (NIH new format) and CO-PI, if applicable.
- Provide regulatory documents (IRB, IACUC, etc.). Finalized regulatory approval is required for all requests
Restrictions for Voucher Requests:
- $5000 maximum per request
- One request per investigator
- Funds cannot be used for equipment purchases
- Funds cannot be used for salary support (this includes graduate student support)
- Funds cannot be used for travel
- No overhead will be provided for outside institutions
- All REGULATORY APPROVALS for the proposed work must be finalized
All applications undergo a peer review process based on the following review criteria:
- Overall project scientific merit
- Translational nature of the project
- Justified need for addition of requested funds to overall project budget
- Project feasibility within the proposed time frame
- Likelihood of enhancing potential to generate extramural funding
- Finalized regulatory approvals in place
- AWARDED FUNDS MUST BE EXPENDED EXACTLY AS ALLOCATED