Have trouble viewing this email? Click here
Opportunity to receive coaching and training in Team Science
Our institution is participating in an NSF-funded research project (National Science Foundation, SciSIP, Award #1262754 — BRIDGES: Building Resources through Integrating Disciplines for Group Effectiveness in Science).
We are recruiting interdisciplinary research teams at UCI to participate in team-training workshops led by investigators who will share insights from their research about what makes interdisciplinary medical research teams effective.
By attending the workshops your team will receive assistance with the following:
- Fine-tuning the goals and objectives of your team to prepare for grant application submission.
- Identifying the people, work groups, and institutional resources necessary to accomplish your team’s aims.
- Conducting data-driven team design to effectively integrate team resources into translational research project groups to meet objectives and attract funding.
- Mastering best practices for cross-boundary communication to promote knowledge sharing, integration, and innovation during collaboration.
To participate in this project, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a member of an interdisciplinary team engaged in planning health-related research.
- At least 2 members of the collaboration must be new to the team.
- Your team must be transitioning towards a new phase of work such as applying for a new grant or beginning a new project together.
- Teams that currently have some seed funding or are waiting to hear back about potential funding can participate if they are only a few months into the project.
- At least two team leaders must be available to attend the team science workshop.
If you are interested in participating in this IRB-approved study, please email Diana Vigil email@example.com.