The ICTS Animal Research Core can provide support for studies that involve animal models. This support can range from consultations on experimental design and regulatory issues to for-fee model development and pilot studies.
Animal Research Core Capabilities:
Research project design.
- specification of research goals, and specific aims.
- identification of appropriate animal models.
- biostatistical design (In conjunction with ICTS BERD unit)
Experimental procedure design.
- modification or design of animal models.
- data collection plans.
- specification of data interpretation.
Preparation of IACUC protocol submittal.
Rodent research protocol implementation.
- acquisition of animals
- implementation of approved animal models
- base line data collection
- on going treatment application
- appropriate monitoring and surveillance
- data collection
- data analysis
- biochemical and molecular analysis of tissues.
- raw reporting
- interpretive reporting
Examples of Models Developed by the Animal Research Core:
- aortic constriction
- renal failure
- endurance exercise training
- resistance exercise training
- chronic drug / agent administration (osmotic pump delivery)
- inhaled (nubulized) agent exposure
- gene injection w/ electroporation
- caloric restriction
- research diets
- chronic, normobaric, hypoxia / hyperoxia exposure
- hind limb suspension (spaceflight analog)
Current Analysis Capabilities:
- Biochemical, cellular and molecular tissue analyses.
- High fidelity cardiovascular measurements at rest and during exercise
Heart Rate, Blood pressure (e.g., LVBP), dP/dT, etc.
- Exercise Endurance testing
- Functional muscle testing
- Complete Blood Count
Please contact Dr. Greg Adams at 949-458-3793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding Animal Research Core support.